Gwynn Stewart, educator, CD, OSU Extension-Noble County provides research-based programming through Community Development that helps build sustainable and livable communities through civic engagement and collaboration.
Stewart joined OSU Extension in Noble County in 2018. She is a native of Monroe County and an honors graduate of Ohio University with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Public Relations. She also earned a master’s degree in Marketing and Communications from Franklin University.
She works with the following organizations:
- Ohio Joint Council of Extension Professionals (JCEP) Epsilon Signa Phi and the National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals (NACDEP)
- The Ohio Economic Development Association
- The Eastern Ohio Development Alliance
- The Buckeye Hills Regional Council General Policy Council & Regional Transportation Planning Organization Advisory Committee
- The Magnam Innovation Park Foundation Board of Directors
- Noble County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Noble County Planning Commission
- The Planning Council for the Appalachian Ohio P-20 (serving 9 counties)
- Switzerland of Ohio Higher Education & Learning Partnership (HELP) - a P-16 Council (serves as Secretary & Grant Writer)
Stewart served for eleven years with Buckeye Hills Regional Council, the local development district for Noble County. Previous experience also includes Corporate Communications for The Longaberger Company, The Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants, and Guernsey Memorial Hospital. She also served as an adjunct Communications professor with Ohio Dominican College.
As a volunteer, she serves with the Switzerland of Ohio Higher Education & Learning Partnership, the Appalachian Ohio P-20, the Monroe County Community Foundation and Monroe Singers. She is a past member and President of the Woodsfield Kiwanis Club. As a former Trustee, Stewart assisted the Monroe Arts Council with grant writing and establishing a Tourism Council. Stewart also served as a founding member of the Monroe County Port Authority.