The 2016 OSU Extension Annual Conference was held December 6-7 at the Ohio Union on the Columbus campus of The Ohio State University.
During the awards luncheon on Wednesday, December 7, Eric Romich was announced as the recipient of the 2016 Raymond A. Schindler Excellence in Community Development Extension Award.
Click to view highlights of Eric's accomplishments.
Named in honor of Ray Schindler, the Excellence in Community Development Extension Award recognizes an OSU Extension Community Development professional for significant programmatic strengths, major contributions and innovative approaches achieved over the course of their Extension career with a $1000 cash award. The awardee’s accomplishments must:
- have value beyond their assigned work location
- document long-term strengths in teaching and research
- exhibit a long-standing record of teamwork and collaboration in program planning, implementation and evaluation
- show a successful track record in grant awards, cost recovery or other external funding
The awardee must also exhibit evidence of professional development and service to the profession.
Accomplishments of many other CD professionals were recognized at the Ohio Joint Council of Extension Professionals (OJCEP) / Epsilon Sigma Phi (ESP) luncheon on December 6 as recipients of the following awards:
- Scholarships: Godwin Apaliyah ($200), Ann Johnson ($200), Carol Keck ($300), Gary Kuhn ($350), Sarah Orlando ($100), and Myra Wilson ($300)
Team Teaching Awards:
- 3rd Place - Promotion and Tenure Boot Camp: Nancy Bowen-Ellzey, Brian Raison and colleagues
Creative Works Awards:
- 1st Place - Radio Interview: Tory Gabriel
- 3rd Place - Video CDs, DVDs or Podcasts: Brian Raison
- HM - Video CDs, DVDs or Podcasts: Tory Gabriel
- HM - Curriculum Package (Individual): Brian Raison
- 2nd Place - Fact Sheet: David Civittolo, Eric Romich and Nancy Bowen
- 2nd Place - Project Book: Amanda Osborne and colleague
ESP Chapter Awards:
- Visionary Leadership Recognition - Greg Davis
JCEP Service Awards:
- Distinguished Service (20 years and over), CD: Brian Raison
- Mid-Career Service (10-20 years), CD: Nancy Bowen-Ellzey
- Early Career Service (Less than 20 years), CD: Sarah Orlando