Photovoltaic (PV) panels are an increasingly common sight on urban rooftops and rural properties across the U.S. The declining cost of equipment and installation makes installing a behind-the-electric-meter (net metered) solar electric system enticing for many farmers. Evaluating the financial prudence of an investment in solar requires careful consideration of installation costs, the value of production, and operations and maintenance costs. This six part webinar series will provide valuable, practical guidance to farmers who are considering investing in a solar electric system so they are able to make fully informed investment decisions.
Each webinar will be taught by Eric Romich (Ohio State University Extension) and John Hay (University of Nebraska Extension) and hosted by Charles Gould (Michigan State University Extension). The webinar is based on the six bulletins in the Solar Electric Investment Analysis Bulletin Series.
Webinar Schedule -Webinars start at 7 p.m. EST and are 60 minutes long. Time for questions and answers is included in each 60 minute webinar.
- Thursday, January 18, 2018 - Part 1: Estimating System Production
- Thursday, January 25, 2018 - Part 2: Assessing System Cost
- Thursday, February 1, 2018 - Part 3: Forecasting the Value of Electricity
- Thursday, February 8, 2018 - Part 4: Understanding Incentives
- Thursday, February 15, 2018 - Part 5: Conducting a Financial Analysis
- Thursday, February 22, 2018 - Part 6: Photovoltaic Solar Example
Questions? Contact Charles Gould at 616-994-4547 or email@example.com.