from David Civittolo, Interim Assistant Director
On behalf of the State CD office, I want to wish you a happy holiday season
It certainly has been a year of constant challenges,
I hope you will take the time to visit with family and friends
It’s Award Season!
Raymond A Schindler Excellence in Cd Award:
|I want to congratulate Amanda as the winner of the 2021 Excellence in CD award!|
Amanda joined OSU Extension-Cuyahoga County as the Community Development educator in September of 2015. She is responsible for planning, teaching, and evaluating educational programs that support the development of a sustainable local/regional food system with a focus on building/enhancing systems and creating new economic development opportunities. She provides Extension leadership to the state food policy network and works to establish and foster collaborative opportunities with local, regional, state, and national community development organizations. In addition, she conducts community data analysis, identifies and participates in research and mapping projects, and identifies and secures additional external funding.
2021 Extension Annual Conference Award winners
|I also want to congratulate the following award winners . . .|
You can find a listing of all the award winners here.
Creative Works Awards:
- Follow-Up News Story/Press Release: Gwynn Stewart, Christine Gelley - 2nd Place
- Instructional Video: Jill Bartolotta, Sarah Orlando, Sue Bixler, Josiah Wade, Paul Dravillas, Heather Sheets, Abby David, Gillian Champoir - 3rd Place
- Promotional Package (Team): Dee Jepsen, Chris Zoller, Ken Martin, Bridget Britton, Sarah Noggle, Jami Dellifield - 2nd Place
- Educational Tool: Sue Bixler, Jill Bartolotta, Christina Dierkes, Jill Jentes, Beth Wallace - 1st Place / Jill Bartolotta, Sue Bixler - HM / Brian Raison - HM
- Curriculum Package: Christy Millhouse, Travis West, Tracy Winters, Jessica George, Meghan Thoreau, Demetria Woods, Kelly Royalty - 3rd Place
- Fact Sheet: Jill Bartolotta, Beth Bollas, Audrey Dimmerling, Kate Homonai, Amy Meehan, Daniel Remley, Brian Roe, Laura Stanton, Richard Wofford - 2nd Place
- Bulletins/Monographs: Amanda Osborne, Erin Molner - 1st Place
Team Teaching Awards:
- Extension and Non-Extension Collaborators: Wonder Women Wednesdays and Coffee and Conversations - Kyle White, Beth Flynn, Emma Newell - 1st Place
- Multi-Disciplinary - All Extension Members: National Youth Sports Program - Where Does Your Food Come From? - Robin Stone, Maggie Rivera, Amanda Osborne, Courtney Woelfl, Robert Isner - 2nd Place
Raymond A. Schindler Excellence in Community Development Extension Award:
Outreach and Engagement Community programs and events grant
Congratulations to Sarah Orlando and Kyle White, recipients of the 2021 Outreach and Engagement Community Programs and Events Grant, which provide staff working in outreach and engagement spaces the opportunity to create and implement community engaged programs. Sarah and Kyle each received a $500 grant.
Thank you, Sandy
As you all know, our colleague and dear friend will be retiring at the end of the year. I know I speak for all of you when I say: Congratulations!
Sandy will certainly be missed, but we wish her well on her next adventure.
I have been blessed to work closely with her over the past couple of years and have learned so much. I will be taking those lessons with me as I continue in Extension.
New CD Fact Sheets
Since the last CD Wire, the following fact sheets have been published:
- Joe Lucente and Godwin Apaliyah: Creating a Final Business Retention and Expansion Community Report (CDFS-4107)
- Amanda Osborne and team: Introduction to Nutrition Incentives (CDFS-4108)
- Amanda Osborne and Team: Types of Nutrition Incentives Offered at Ohio Farmers Markets and How They Are Funded (CDFS-4109)
Also ………Congratulations to Jill Bartolotta and her team for a new Project Idea Starter titled: Going Green: Learning to lead a Sustainable Life.
NACDEP Request for Proposals:
|It’s time to share with your colleagues some of the great work that you have been doing by proposing to present at the 2022 NACDEP Conference!|
All submissions for workshops, posters, and presentations (even virtual options to present outside of the conference timeframe) are due on Wednesday, January 19, 2022, at 11:59 pm EST. Subject areas include economic development, diversity and inclusion, human capacity building, community resilience and sustainability, infrastructure, natural environment, tourism, and building capacity within government and organizations.
Starting this year, the submission date will be a firm deadline that will allow the committee to finalize conference planning and open registration on time. There will not be a deadline extension, so start your submission today! Check out this video on submitting a successful proposal.
Help NACDEP build a great conference with high-quality presentations. You may begin and submit a proposal at any time and continue working on it up through January 19. To start or continue a submission in Oxford Abstracts, go to: app.oxfordabstracts.com/stages/3372/submitter.
Contact Sessions Chair, Kris Parker (email@example.com or 219-386-5232) with questions about proposal submissions.
CD Inservice Dates:
As your 2022 calendars begin to fill, please note that we will have three in-person meetings:
- April 21st
- July 22nd hosted by Sea Grant
- October 20th
Specific time and locations will be announced closer to the actual dates.
Have a great week!
“There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” –C.S. Lewis
Ohio State University Extension
helps communities enhance their well-being
and create social, economic,
and environmental conditions
in which they can thrive.
© 2021, OSU Extension Community Development, 3 Agricultural Administration Building, 2120 Fyffe Road, Columbus, Ohio 43210-1010
This page is maintained by: OSU Extension Community Development.
If you have trouble accessing this page and need to request an alternate format, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CFAES (College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences) provides research and related educational programs to clientele on a nondiscriminatory basis. For more information: www.go.osu.edu/cfaesdiversity.