This page is for the use of OSU Extension Community Development professionals. It contains the CD Wire and other internal forms, publications, references and issues relating only to CD staff.
Click on the section you would like to visit.
- CD Professional Development Support
- CD Small Grants
- CFAES Grants and Contracts
- CD In-Service Presentations
- CD Wire
- Membership Associations
- Cross State Programming Protocol
- Annual Community Development Awards
- Extension Organization Culture Assessment
- Program Action - Logic Models
- OSU and CFAES Brand Standards
- Peer Review Procedure
- Submitting Extension Educational Materials for Publication
- CD Annual Highlights
- CD Field Specialists
- Social Media
- Useful Links
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
Professional Development Support Guidelines/Application - Updated September 2019
Purpose: To provide incentive and financial support for current Extension CD Professionals pursuing professional development activities.
Funding: Maximum funding award per individual is $750. Funds will be awarded in February and September contingent on availability of funding. Only one award per individual per year is permitted. Preference will be given to applicants who have not received funding from the CD Professional Development Support Program in the previous two years. Funds must be spent within 12 months of receiving award.
Procedures: Submit applications by February 15 for the winter awards and September 1 for the fall awards using the form linked above. Applicants are encouraged to pursue all other available funding when appropriate (e.g., local office budget, local sponsorship, OJCEP scholarship awards, etc.). The Assistant Director will review applications and make final determination of scholarship award recipients and scholarship amounts.
- CD Small Grant Funding Proposal
- Before you submit your proposal, please contact David (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your ideas and to make sure funds are available for the current fiscal year.
- The Grant Development Support Unit is a part of the CFAES Office for Research and Graduate Education. The unit serves CFAES employees as they conceptualize, develop, write, and submit their proposals to external funders, including industry, non-profit, for profit, foundations, state, local and federal sponsors. The service is free and works across all disciplines to make the proposal development process as straightforward and streamlined as possible. Click here to access the form to request services.
- Contract templates (includes MoUs)
- In-Service Presentation - Includes: Futuring - Next Steps / OJCEP/NACDEP Update / Admin Update
- Digital Content Strategy - Danae Wolfe
- In-Service Presentations - Includes: Futuring (Nesbitt) / Share and Learn (Romich, Bowen, Colbert, Blaine) / NACDEP Update / AD Update
- Blog Author Best Practices - Danae Wolfe
CD Summer In-Service Photo Album - June 27, 2012 at Put-In-Bay and Stone Lab on Gibraltar Island (link takes you to the CD Facebook Chat page)
- Joint Council of Extension Professionals (JCEP)
- National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals (NACDEP)
- Cross State Programming Protocol for Multi-State Program Delivery (North Central CD Program Leaders – Feb 2014)
For complete award details and previous recipients please, click here.
- Raymond A. Schindler Excellence in Community Development Extension Award
- Call for Nominations - Due November 1 (Current year application will be posted by June 1)
- 2018 - Susan Colbert
- 2017 - Becky Nesbitt
- 2016 - Eric Romich
- 2015 - Brian Raison
- 2014 - Nancy Bowen
- 2013 - David Civittolo
- 2012 - Myra Moss
- Friend of OSU Extension Community Development Award
- Community Economic Development
- Community Leadership Development
- Organizational Development
- Participatory Community Planning
- Combined Logic Models
CFAES - includes CFAES logo and templates (includes poster, flyer, brochure, PowerPoint, and postcard)
- Department of Extension Peer Evaluation of Teaching for Faculty
- For A & P Employees: Effective January 2011, A&P Educators are required to follow the Peer Evaluation of Teaching for Faculty guidelines (link above) and obtain 1-2 narrative letters of evaluation each year. An Educator or specialist of higher rank should be asked by the A & P Educator to write the peer evaluation letter.
- Peer Review of Educational Materials
When feasible, peer review of educational materials is highly encouraged. In some cases, a formal blind review is required. To learn more, please refer to the most current guidance within the Extension Policy and Procedures Handbook at extension.osu.edu/policy-and-procedures-handbook/i-administration-policies/review-process-osu-extension-educational.
- When submitting reviewer names, please include 4 internal and 2 external (Extension faculty member or qualified subject matter expert from outside Ohio). Two internal and one external will be contacted for the blind peer review.
- 2015 Highlights
- 2014 Highlights
- 2012 Accountability Report
- 2011 Accountability Report
- Nancy Bowen - Associate Professor & Extension Field Specialist, Community Economics
- David Civittolo - Associate Professor & Extension Field Specialist, Community Economics
- Brian Raison - Associate Professor & Extension Field Specialist, Community and Organizational Leadership
- Eric Romich - Associate Professor & Extension Field Specialist, Energy Development
Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
CFAES Crisis Communications Plan
EdgeU Tech Blog - Educational Technology Specialists' blog
CFAES Human Resources
CFAES Finance - Business Operations Center
Extension Policies and Procedures Handbook - Promotion and Tenure
Find an OfficeHeadwaters Economics Socio-economic Profiles
Journal of Extension
NARDeP Center Policy Resources
Ohio Economic Development Manual - better understand the legal landscape of economic development in Ohio
US Census Bureau – Census Explorer - New interactive map that gives users easier access to neighborhood-level statistics using updated statistics from the 2008-2012 American Community Survey (ACS).