Specialization & Areas of Expertise:
Specialization: Economic Development
Areas of Expertise:
- Renewable Energy Drivers
- Renewable Energy Policy
- Solar Energy Development
- Wind Energy Development
- Bioenergy Development
- Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Planning
- Land Use Planning
- Energize Ohio - An OSU Extension Signature Program
- Romich, E., Bowen-Ellzey, N., Moss, M., Bond, C., Civittolo, D. (2015). Building Sustainability in Gas- and Oil-Producing Communities. Journal of Extension, Volume 53, Number 3, Article #3IAW1.
- Romich, E. (2015). The Role of Extension in Energy Education. Journal of Extension, Volume 53, Number 2, Article #2COM1.
- Bowen-Ellzey, N., Romich, E. (2013). Growing Community Capacity in Energy Development Through Extension Education. Journal of Extension, Volume 51, Number 3, Article #3IAW6.
- Bowen-Ellzey, N., Davis, G.A., Romich, E., Lloyd, M. (2013). Extension-Led Economic Development Model - A Recipe for Success. Journal of Extension, Volume 51, Number 2, Article #2FEA5.
Eric Romich is an Ohio State University Extension Field Specialist for Energy Development. His background in renewable energy began during his former assignment as an OSU Extension Educator in Wyandot County. In this position he served as the Director of Wyandot County Office of Economic Development and was deeply involved in the details of finalizing the PSEG Wyandot Solar Project. The PSEG Wyandot Solar Project is a 12 MW 85 acre solar generation facility that is the largest solar facility in Ohio and one of the largest in the Midwest.
Romich focuses his Extension efforts in the areas of renewable energy development, energy policy, wind energy, solar energy, and bioenergy resources. He works with elected officials, community planners, community residents, OSU faculty and Extension Educators, and state and federal government agencies to deliver educational programs. In December of 2016 Eric was recognized by his Extension colleagues with the Raymond A. Schindler Excellence in Community Development Extension Award (news article).